Syria state news agency under hacker attack
Damascus: State news agency SANA on Friday said it and other government websites in conflict-plagued Syria have come under attack by hackers, complicating access to their sites.
It did not specify the origin of the attacks.
Syrian authorities have protested in the past of similar attacks which it says "form part of the aggression against Syria," the scene of a brutal civil war since March 2011.
A self-styled Syrian Electronic Army (SEA), which supports the regime, has in past months hacked the websites of leading Western news outlets, including the Washington Post and Associated Press`s Twitter account.
The SEA on its own website says it is defending the Syrian people from Arab and Western media campaigns against Damascus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...