Syria state news agency under hacker attack
Damascus: State news agency SANA on Friday said it and other government websites in conflict-plagued Syria have come under attack by hackers, complicating access to their sites.
It did not specify the origin of the attacks.
Syrian authorities have protested in the past of similar attacks which it says "form part of the aggression against Syria," the scene of a brutal civil war since March 2011.
A self-styled Syrian Electronic Army (SEA), which supports the regime, has in past months hacked the websites of leading Western news outlets, including the Washington Post and Associated Press`s Twitter account.
The SEA on its own website says it is defending the Syrian people from Arab and Western media campaigns against Damascus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy