Syria state news agency under hacker attack
Damascus: State news agency SANA on Friday said it and other government websites in conflict-plagued Syria have come under attack by hackers, complicating access to their sites.
It did not specify the origin of the attacks.
Syrian authorities have protested in the past of similar attacks which it says "form part of the aggression against Syria," the scene of a brutal civil war since March 2011.
A self-styled Syrian Electronic Army (SEA), which supports the regime, has in past months hacked the websites of leading Western news outlets, including the Washington Post and Associated Press`s Twitter account.
The SEA on its own website says it is defending the Syrian people from Arab and Western media campaigns against Damascus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog