Syria tanks enter Golan DMZ: Israel
Jerusalem: Israel`s military says three Syrian tanks have entered the demilitarized zone in the Golan Heights.
A military spokeswoman says Israel complained to the UN peacekeeping force in the area after the tanks entered today.
The spokeswoman, who spoke on condition of anonymity in line with military protocol, did not elaborate. The relatively low-key response suggested Israel did not see the armor as an immediate threat.
The Israeli news site Ynet said the tanks and two armored personnel carriers drove a few kilometres away from Israeli military positions.
There are concerns in Israel that violence from Syria`s civil war could spill over a long-quiet frontier. Misfired Syrian shells have exploded inside Israel on several occasions. Israel captured the Golan Heights from Syria in the 1967 Mideast war and annexed it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works
- Do you know traffic jams can make your body susceptible to cancer? - Read
- Taliban fighters overrun district in eastern Afghanistan
- Sports recap: Five stories that grabbed the headlines this week