Syria to attack US bases if attacked: Minister
Beirut: The Syrian government will attack US interests in the Middle East in the event of a military strike on the country, Syria`s Deputy Foreign Minister Faisal Mekdad said.
"Any act of aggression towards Syria is aggression towards the Arab world and the region," Mekdad told Lebanon`s al-Manar TV channel.
The TV network is owned by the Lebanese Shia group Hezbollah, an ally of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
"Our response will be to attack American interests," said Mekdad, considered highly influential in the Assad government.
Mekdad also warned that possible US intervention would deepen "hatred for the Americans" and destabilise the whole of Middle East.
Any attack against Syria would be "support for Al Qaeda and its affiliates, whether Jabat al-Nusra or the State of Islam in Syria and Iraq".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- His LS constituency flooded, PM Modi deputes MP for help
- Cricket reforms: BCCI submits Compliance Report to Supreme Court-appointed Justice RM Lodha panel
- Hours-long attack on Kabul American university kills sixteen
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: Kuldeep's Yadav guile puts India Red in driver's seat
- How does smoke effect clouds in terms of climate? NASA flies to Africa to find out!