Syria to attack US bases if attacked: Minister
Beirut: The Syrian government will attack US interests in the Middle East in the event of a military strike on the country, Syria`s Deputy Foreign Minister Faisal Mekdad said.
"Any act of aggression towards Syria is aggression towards the Arab world and the region," Mekdad told Lebanon`s al-Manar TV channel.
The TV network is owned by the Lebanese Shia group Hezbollah, an ally of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
"Our response will be to attack American interests," said Mekdad, considered highly influential in the Assad government.
Mekdad also warned that possible US intervention would deepen "hatred for the Americans" and destabilise the whole of Middle East.
Any attack against Syria would be "support for Al Qaeda and its affiliates, whether Jabat al-Nusra or the State of Islam in Syria and Iraq".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Nationwide frenzy as ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth arrives in style
- This is what Zakir Naik thinks about Narendra Modi, Islamic State and jihad
- India vs West Indies, 1st Test: Virender Sehwag predicted Virat Kohli's 12th ton before we all knew it!
- Lok Sabha adjourns after uproar over AAP MP Bhagwant Mann's Parliament video, other issues
- Book on LK Advani to be released without his consent?