Syria to decide its people`s future: Iran
Tehran: Iran has said no country other than Syria would be allowed to decide for the Syrians.
Iranian Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi made these remarks at a joint press conference with his visiting Syrian counterpart Walid al-Moallem in Tehran, Xinhua reported Saturday.
No country from outside has the right to make decisions for Syria, Salehi said, adding that nobody can inflict its will on the Syrians using force and arms.
There is no military solution to the Syrian issue, and the first and foremost demand of the Islamic republic is to end the violence in the Arab state, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India