Syria to decide its people`s future: Iran
Tehran: Iran has said no country other than Syria would be allowed to decide for the Syrians.
Iranian Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi made these remarks at a joint press conference with his visiting Syrian counterpart Walid al-Moallem in Tehran, Xinhua reported Saturday.
No country from outside has the right to make decisions for Syria, Salehi said, adding that nobody can inflict its will on the Syrians using force and arms.
There is no military solution to the Syrian issue, and the first and foremost demand of the Islamic republic is to end the violence in the Arab state, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Woman dies under mysterious circumstances in west Delhi
- Roopanwal commission submits report on Rohith Vemula suicide
- Delhi Home Min to attend Mother Teresa's sainthood ceremony in Vatican
- Arun Jaitley not to attend SAARC meet in Pakistan: Report
- Centre okays NIA probe into cases of missing from Kerala