Syria to decide its people`s future: Iran
Tehran: Iran has said no country other than Syria would be allowed to decide for the Syrians.
Iranian Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi made these remarks at a joint press conference with his visiting Syrian counterpart Walid al-Moallem in Tehran, Xinhua reported Saturday.
No country from outside has the right to make decisions for Syria, Salehi said, adding that nobody can inflict its will on the Syrians using force and arms.
There is no military solution to the Syrian issue, and the first and foremost demand of the Islamic republic is to end the violence in the Arab state, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened