`Syria to protect oil resources at any cost`
Damascus: The Syrian government said Thursday it would take the required steps to safeguard the country`s oil resources.
The Oil ministry would take all the necessary measures to protect the country`s oil resources, following the recent EU`s decision to buy oil from the Syrian opposition in rebel-held areas in Syria, reported Xinhua citing Syrian Oil Minister Slaiman Abbas.
He stressed the ministry was the only party authorised to invest in the Syrian oil, adding that it would undertake all necessary measures to preserve the oil resources in the face of the attempts of piracy and looting.
Abbas said the oil wells were going to be fully monitored, adding that any illegal activity would be immediately reported to the competent authorities for immediate handling with "all possible means".
While calling on all workers in the oil fields in Syria to shoulder their responsibilities to protect the country`s resources, the minister stressed the foreign companies in Syria must pressure their governments not to apply the "illegal" EU`s decision which runs counter to the charters of the international law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!