Syria: Troops kill 22 armed men in Aleppo
Damascus: A total of 22 gunmen were killed on Saturday in clashes with government troops in Syria`s northern province of Aleppo, the state-run SANA news agency said.
The clashes took place at Tal Zarazir in Aleppo, SANA reported, adding that the troops also dealt deadly blows to armed insurgents at Wadihi and Kafr Dael in Aleppo, once a bastion of support for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
Aleppo, a city of three million, has emerged as a key battleground in Syria`s civil war.
The clashes there hit a new high after rebels announced Thursday the start of "decisive battle."
SANA said the Army has been dealing deadly blows to the armed militias in Aleppo, adding that scores are being killed on daily basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez