Syria: Troops kill 22 armed men in Aleppo
Damascus: A total of 22 gunmen were killed on Saturday in clashes with government troops in Syria`s northern province of Aleppo, the state-run SANA news agency said.
The clashes took place at Tal Zarazir in Aleppo, SANA reported, adding that the troops also dealt deadly blows to armed insurgents at Wadihi and Kafr Dael in Aleppo, once a bastion of support for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
Aleppo, a city of three million, has emerged as a key battleground in Syria`s civil war.
The clashes there hit a new high after rebels announced Thursday the start of "decisive battle."
SANA said the Army has been dealing deadly blows to the armed militias in Aleppo, adding that scores are being killed on daily basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das
- Saarc FMs meet focused on trade, tax avoidance pacts: Das
- Centre to replace J&K governor? Five names doing rounds as his successor
- Arun Jaitley pitches for BRICS arbitration platform
- Labour Unions adamant on Sept 2 strike; Datatterya, Goyal hold meeting