Syria: Troops kill 22 armed men in Aleppo
Damascus: A total of 22 gunmen were killed on Saturday in clashes with government troops in Syria`s northern province of Aleppo, the state-run SANA news agency said.
The clashes took place at Tal Zarazir in Aleppo, SANA reported, adding that the troops also dealt deadly blows to armed insurgents at Wadihi and Kafr Dael in Aleppo, once a bastion of support for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
Aleppo, a city of three million, has emerged as a key battleground in Syria`s civil war.
The clashes there hit a new high after rebels announced Thursday the start of "decisive battle."
SANA said the Army has been dealing deadly blows to the armed militias in Aleppo, adding that scores are being killed on daily basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand