Syria violence: Fight rages in Damascus, Aleppo
Ankara: Freh clashes between Syrian rebels and regime forces broke out as both scrambled to attain control over a border crossing into Turkey, Turkish media reported Wednesday.
Rebels were trying to get hold of a customs building at the Tal Abyad border gate, media reports said.
Dogan news agency video showed smoke rising from a small explosion at the top of the four-story customs building.
Fierce clashes broke out near the border crossing of Tal Abyad on Tuesday between Syrian rebels and regime forces and the residents were instructed to evacuate the area.
Three people in Turkey were hit by stray bullets. Also, Turkish schools near the border were closed and residents were urged to stay away.
The violence along the border with Turkey underlines the regional danger as the Syrian civil war extends into the neighbouring nations.
The rebels control several other border crossings into Turkey but it is believed to be the first time they have tried to take the border area in the northern Raqqa province.
Turkey is a strong supporter of the rebels trying to overthrow President Bashar Assad.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison