Syria will defend itself by any means: Minister
Beirut: Syria reserves the right to defend itself by all possible methods, the country`s deputy foreign minister said in the wake of Israeli air strikes on the capital Damascus.
Israel carried out late Saturday and early Sunday what an intelligence official said were air strikes on a shipment of Iranian-made missiles bound for Hezbollah militants in neighbouring Lebanon.
"Syria will not allow to this to take place again," Deputy Foreign Minister Fayssal Mikdad told Lebanon`s Al-Manar TV station, which is affiliated with Hezbollah.
"We have the right to defend our people and our interests by any possible methods," he added.
The Syrian foreign ministry said Sunday in a letter sent to the UN and the UN Security Council that the "Israeli aggression" had killed and wounded several people and "caused widespread destruction".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?