Syria will defend itself by any means: Minister
Beirut: Syria reserves the right to defend itself by all possible methods, the country`s deputy foreign minister said in the wake of Israeli air strikes on the capital Damascus.
Israel carried out late Saturday and early Sunday what an intelligence official said were air strikes on a shipment of Iranian-made missiles bound for Hezbollah militants in neighbouring Lebanon.
"Syria will not allow to this to take place again," Deputy Foreign Minister Fayssal Mikdad told Lebanon`s Al-Manar TV station, which is affiliated with Hezbollah.
"We have the right to defend our people and our interests by any possible methods," he added.
The Syrian foreign ministry said Sunday in a letter sent to the UN and the UN Security Council that the "Israeli aggression" had killed and wounded several people and "caused widespread destruction".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister