Syrian airstrike kills 9 near border with Lebanon
Beirut: A Syrian warplane struck targets near the border with Lebanon, killing at least nine people and wounding nine others.
A Lebanese security official in Lebanon`s eastern Bekaa region confirmed today`s airstrike and said it targeted the rebel-held Syrian town of Yabroud just across the border from the Lebanese town of Arsal.
The area is known to house many refugees from the Syrian town of Qusair, which was captured by Syrian forces in June following battles that destroyed much of the town.
The official said those killed included six members of the same family.
He spoke on customary condition of anonymity in line with regulations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event