Syrian airstrike kills 9 near border with Lebanon
Beirut: A Syrian warplane struck targets near the border with Lebanon, killing at least nine people and wounding nine others.
A Lebanese security official in Lebanon`s eastern Bekaa region confirmed today`s airstrike and said it targeted the rebel-held Syrian town of Yabroud just across the border from the Lebanese town of Arsal.
The area is known to house many refugees from the Syrian town of Qusair, which was captured by Syrian forces in June following battles that destroyed much of the town.
The official said those killed included six members of the same family.
He spoke on customary condition of anonymity in line with regulations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok