Syrian airstrike kills 9 near border with Lebanon
Beirut: A Syrian warplane struck targets near the border with Lebanon, killing at least nine people and wounding nine others.
A Lebanese security official in Lebanon`s eastern Bekaa region confirmed today`s airstrike and said it targeted the rebel-held Syrian town of Yabroud just across the border from the Lebanese town of Arsal.
The area is known to house many refugees from the Syrian town of Qusair, which was captured by Syrian forces in June following battles that destroyed much of the town.
The official said those killed included six members of the same family.
He spoke on customary condition of anonymity in line with regulations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Mohan Bhagwat's comments on Hindu population are 'outdated': Shiv Sena
- Wow! Google Duo now available in India to make free video calls
- In Goa, Arvind Kejriwal says AAP has no money to fight elections
- Turkish soldier killed in clash with Kurdish militants - security sources
- Amitabh Bachchan set to return as the 'angry man' in 'Sarkar 3'