Syrian army advances in Aleppo
Beirut: Syrian activists say that government forces have killed at least six people with barrel bombs dropped by helicopter onto rebel-held areas of the northern city of Aleppo.
Hassoun Abu Faisal of the Aleppo Media Center and another local activist, Ahmad al-Ahmad, said today`s attack targeted the al-Bab area of the city. Abu Faisal said the explosions smashed buildings and set at least 10 cars alight.
Those killed included civilians who were trying to flee the area by car after hearing the approaching helicopters.
Syrian government forces have been intensely shelling Aleppo and its surroundings for several weeks as they advance on areas held by rebels.
Abu Faisal said the shelling appeared intended to flatten buildings and force civilians to flee while allowing ground forces easier entry into rebel-held areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read