Syrian Army, deserters clash: 12 dead
Nicosia: Twelve people were killed in clashes
between soldiers and deserters in villages of Idlib province
in northwest Syria Thursday, a human rights group said.
"Seven soldiers and five deserters or civilians were
killed in the clashes in villages west of Jabal al-Zawiya,"
the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said, adding that
dozens of people were wounded.
The Observatory and the Local Coordination Committees, an
anti-regime activist network, said soldiers and security
forces raided the villages backed by tanks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ayutthaya: Once a diplomatic hub in the Siamese kingdom, now a Thailand heritage site
- Hooked to selfies because you think you are attractive – here’s a reality check
- US lifts arms embargo on Vietnam
- DU professor Saibaba released from Hyderabad jail
- SHOCKING! Driver refuses to pay toll, rams bus into Gurgaon toll, tries to crush manager