Syrian Army, deserters clash: 12 dead
Nicosia: Twelve people were killed in clashes
between soldiers and deserters in villages of Idlib province
in northwest Syria Thursday, a human rights group said.
"Seven soldiers and five deserters or civilians were
killed in the clashes in villages west of Jabal al-Zawiya,"
the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said, adding that
dozens of people were wounded.
The Observatory and the Local Coordination Committees, an
anti-regime activist network, said soldiers and security
forces raided the villages backed by tanks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Who's the boss? Rohit Dhawan vs Varun Dhawan in hand wrestling competition! Watch video
- Adani's Australia coal mine project faces another legal hurdle
- Youths struck by lightening: Cause of death not ascertained
- Anti-EU campaigner Nigel Farage urges `Brexit government`
- Action will be taken in South Sudan incident: UN peacekeeping chief