Syrian Army, deserters clash: 12 dead
Nicosia: Twelve people were killed in clashes
between soldiers and deserters in villages of Idlib province
in northwest Syria Thursday, a human rights group said.
"Seven soldiers and five deserters or civilians were
killed in the clashes in villages west of Jabal al-Zawiya,"
the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said, adding that
dozens of people were wounded.
The Observatory and the Local Coordination Committees, an
anti-regime activist network, said soldiers and security
forces raided the villages backed by tanks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Withdraw MPIC land pooling notification, demand YSRC, Left
- Sheena Bora murder case: Khanna wasn't present during crime, his alibi, lawyers say
- Dengue cases jump to 90 in Delhi, 40 cases last week
- UNBELIEVABLE! Cristiano Ronaldo to have an international airport named after him
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week