Syrian Army, deserters clash: 12 dead
Nicosia: Twelve people were killed in clashes
between soldiers and deserters in villages of Idlib province
in northwest Syria Thursday, a human rights group said.
"Seven soldiers and five deserters or civilians were
killed in the clashes in villages west of Jabal al-Zawiya,"
the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said, adding that
dozens of people were wounded.
The Observatory and the Local Coordination Committees, an
anti-regime activist network, said soldiers and security
forces raided the villages backed by tanks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC