Syrian Army kills 111 rebels
Damascus: At least 111 armed men were killed Saturday during clashes with the Syrian troops in Aleppo and the coastal Latakia cities, Xinhua reported.
According to the pro-government Sham FM radio, the Syrian troops killed 11 armed men who tried to enter Al-Nabi Ynus area in the countryside of Latakia.
One soldier of the Syrian Army was also killed in the confrontation.
The report said the Syrian troops carried a "qualitative" operation at Qastal Harami area in Aleppo Saturday, killing 80 armed men.
Also in Aleppo, 20 armed men were killed Saturday by the Syrian troops at Bab al-Hadid area, the report said.
Aleppo has emerged as the main battleground between the Syrian army and the rebel Free Syrian Army, who has been trying for months to gain control over the crucial northern slice of Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets