Syrian Army kills 111 rebels
Damascus: At least 111 armed men were killed Saturday during clashes with the Syrian troops in Aleppo and the coastal Latakia cities, Xinhua reported.
According to the pro-government Sham FM radio, the Syrian troops killed 11 armed men who tried to enter Al-Nabi Ynus area in the countryside of Latakia.
One soldier of the Syrian Army was also killed in the confrontation.
The report said the Syrian troops carried a "qualitative" operation at Qastal Harami area in Aleppo Saturday, killing 80 armed men.
Also in Aleppo, 20 armed men were killed Saturday by the Syrian troops at Bab al-Hadid area, the report said.
Aleppo has emerged as the main battleground between the Syrian army and the rebel Free Syrian Army, who has been trying for months to gain control over the crucial northern slice of Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know