Syrian Army recaptures key military base in Aleppo
Damascus: The Syrian troops recaptured a key military base in the country`s northern province of Aleppo, state TV reported Sunday.
The Syrian troops Sunday regained full control of the Brigade 80 base in the countryside of Aleppo province along with a number of other areas after days of intense fighting, reported Xinhua citing state media.
The base, responsible for securing the adjacent international airport of Aleppo, had been witnessing intense clashes since early Friday between the Syrian troops, backed by pro-government militiamen, and several rebel groups, activists` reports said.
On Saturday, the rebels reportedly launched a counter-attack and regained parts of the base. Yet, the ongoing clashes have resulted in the Syrian troops` full recapture of the base.
While the state media did not give a death toll, the pro-government al-Khabar TV said that the clashes at the base killed some 90 armed rebels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH