Syrian Army recaptures key military base in Aleppo
Damascus: The Syrian troops recaptured a key military base in the country`s northern province of Aleppo, state TV reported Sunday.
The Syrian troops Sunday regained full control of the Brigade 80 base in the countryside of Aleppo province along with a number of other areas after days of intense fighting, reported Xinhua citing state media.
The base, responsible for securing the adjacent international airport of Aleppo, had been witnessing intense clashes since early Friday between the Syrian troops, backed by pro-government militiamen, and several rebel groups, activists` reports said.
On Saturday, the rebels reportedly launched a counter-attack and regained parts of the base. Yet, the ongoing clashes have resulted in the Syrian troops` full recapture of the base.
While the state media did not give a death toll, the pro-government al-Khabar TV said that the clashes at the base killed some 90 armed rebels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report