Syrian Army recaptures key military base in Aleppo
Damascus: The Syrian troops recaptured a key military base in the country`s northern province of Aleppo, state TV reported Sunday.
The Syrian troops Sunday regained full control of the Brigade 80 base in the countryside of Aleppo province along with a number of other areas after days of intense fighting, reported Xinhua citing state media.
The base, responsible for securing the adjacent international airport of Aleppo, had been witnessing intense clashes since early Friday between the Syrian troops, backed by pro-government militiamen, and several rebel groups, activists` reports said.
On Saturday, the rebels reportedly launched a counter-attack and regained parts of the base. Yet, the ongoing clashes have resulted in the Syrian troops` full recapture of the base.
While the state media did not give a death toll, the pro-government al-Khabar TV said that the clashes at the base killed some 90 armed rebels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to campaign outside Amethi and Rae Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections?
- 'India stalling dialogue with Pakistan to avoid negotiations on Kashmir'
- Cancer woes: Parsley, dill can actually be the cure!
- Spine chilling! French swimmer Yannick Agnel promises to swim around the Nordic island if Iceland win Euro 2016
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 second flash sale on July 5; registrations open