Syrian bombs in rebel-held Aleppo kill at least 15
Beirut,: Syrian activists say government military aircraft dropped barrel bombs on a rebel-held area in the northern city of Aleppo, killing at least 15.
The activist collectives, the Local Coordination Committees and the Aleppo Media Centre, reported today bombings in Masaken Hanano. The Local Coordination Committee reported 20 people killed, while the Aleppo Media Centre reported 15 killed. It is normal for activists to give different death tolls following bombings.
The crude bombs, cylinders packed with explosives and shrapnel that are hurled from helicopters, blew apart a building, according to footage uploaded by activists to social networks. The footage corresponded to The Associated Press reporting of the event.
Syrian forces have been relentlessly bombing rebel-held areas of Aleppo, trying to wrest full control over the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics