Syrian bombs in rebel-held Aleppo kill at least 15
Beirut,: Syrian activists say government military aircraft dropped barrel bombs on a rebel-held area in the northern city of Aleppo, killing at least 15.
The activist collectives, the Local Coordination Committees and the Aleppo Media Centre, reported today bombings in Masaken Hanano. The Local Coordination Committee reported 20 people killed, while the Aleppo Media Centre reported 15 killed. It is normal for activists to give different death tolls following bombings.
The crude bombs, cylinders packed with explosives and shrapnel that are hurled from helicopters, blew apart a building, according to footage uploaded by activists to social networks. The footage corresponded to The Associated Press reporting of the event.
Syrian forces have been relentlessly bombing rebel-held areas of Aleppo, trying to wrest full control over the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad