Syrian chemical weapons attack report handed to UN chief Ban Ki-moon
Zee Media Bureau/ Neha Attre
United Nations: Chemical weapon inspectors at UN submitted their report on the suspected chemical weapons attack in Syria to Secretary General Ban Ki-moon on Sunday.
The findings of the report will be briefed to the UN Security Council by Ban Ki-moon on Monday. The report includes details like which chemical weapons were used and not who used them – Syrian government or rebels.
The UN team was led by Swedish expert Ake Sellstrom, which probed into the alleged chemical gas attack in Damascus that killed over 1,000 people including hundreds of children.
Meanwhile, French President Francois Hollande agreed with the plans of United States and Russia to dismantle and destroy chemical weapons under the control of the Syrian regime.
However, he insisted on continuing to maintain the military pressure on the war-torn country.
Hollande also said that sanctions would be enforced on Syria if it refuses to abide by the decisions of UN Security Council, which is likely to meet his week.
The French President along with his Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius is expected to meet US Secretary of State John Kerry and British Foreign Secretary William Hague later today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror