Syrian delegation plane to peace talks blocked in Athens: Report
Montreux: A plane carrying the Syrian delegation to crucial peace talks in Switzerland has been blocked in Athens where it stopped for refuelling, an official Syrian source said.
"The plane carrying the official Syrian delegation has been blocked for three hours at Athens airport because the Greek authorities refuse to provide it with fuel," the source said.
In Athens, a civil aviation spokesman confirmed to a news agency that the plane was blocked but insisted it was leaving soon.
"The plane has been in Athens` airport for about four hours. There is a problem of refuelling that is going to be resolved soon and the plane is going to set off," a civil aviation spokesperson, who declined to be named, told a news agency.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Konstantinos Koutras said: "It`s a matter of minutes. There was something procedural. It has been addressed, instructions for refuelling have been given and the plane is going to set off."
The civil aviation spokesman said the plane was being inspected and had not submitted a flight plan.
"Overall it will take about five hours," to complete the procedure, the spokesman said. "The plane has already been here for three or four hours."
Greece`s ANA news agency reported that authorities were following inspection procedures required for countries facing international embargoes, such as Syria.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?