‘Syrian diplomats` expulsion counter-productive’
Moscow: Russia believes expulsion of Syrian ambassadors from a number of Western countries is counter- productive, a Foreign Ministry spokesman said Wednesday.
"We can only comment on this decision…in the context of international efforts to achieve a peaceful resolution of the Syrian crisis," Alexander Lukashevich said.
"From this perspective, the expulsion of Syrian ambassadors from the capitals of leading Western states is, in our view, a counterproductive move."
The US, Spain, Great Britain, Italy, Canada, France, Australia, Germany, Japan and other countries announced the expulsion of the Syrian ambassadors from their countries Tuesday.
The step was undertaken in protest of last weekend`s massacre in the town of Houla for which the western countries have blamed Syrian President Bashar Assad`s forces.
The Friday`s killings in Houla in Homs province were one of the deadliest single events in the 15-month-old uprising against President Al Assad`s rule. The UN said 49 children and 34 women were among the 108 people killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown