‘Syrian diplomats` expulsion counter-productive’
Moscow: Russia believes expulsion of Syrian ambassadors from a number of Western countries is counter- productive, a Foreign Ministry spokesman said Wednesday.
"We can only comment on this decision…in the context of international efforts to achieve a peaceful resolution of the Syrian crisis," Alexander Lukashevich said.
"From this perspective, the expulsion of Syrian ambassadors from the capitals of leading Western states is, in our view, a counterproductive move."
The US, Spain, Great Britain, Italy, Canada, France, Australia, Germany, Japan and other countries announced the expulsion of the Syrian ambassadors from their countries Tuesday.
The step was undertaken in protest of last weekend`s massacre in the town of Houla for which the western countries have blamed Syrian President Bashar Assad`s forces.
The Friday`s killings in Houla in Homs province were one of the deadliest single events in the 15-month-old uprising against President Al Assad`s rule. The UN said 49 children and 34 women were among the 108 people killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says