Syrian envoy says Israel supplying arms to rebels
Geneva: Syria`s envoy to the United Nations
in Geneva has accused Israel of supplying arms to rebels
fighting to overthrow the government of President Bashar
Ambassador Fayssal al-Hamwi told a meeting of the UN
Human Rights Council Monday that Israeli weapons were being
funneled to opposition groups and foreign fighters linked to
Al-Hamwi was responding to a UN-commissioned expert
report that found "widespread and systematic violations"
against civilians in the Syrian government`s violent crackdown
on opposition groups.
The UN expert panel`s chairman, Brazilian professor Paulo
Sergio Pinheiro, says civilians have died due to the
government`s obstruction of humanitarian aid.
The Red Cross is still waiting for unimpeded access to
areas affected by fighting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why