Syrian envoy says Israel supplying arms to rebels
Geneva: Syria`s envoy to the United Nations
in Geneva has accused Israel of supplying arms to rebels
fighting to overthrow the government of President Bashar
Ambassador Fayssal al-Hamwi told a meeting of the UN
Human Rights Council Monday that Israeli weapons were being
funneled to opposition groups and foreign fighters linked to
Al-Hamwi was responding to a UN-commissioned expert
report that found "widespread and systematic violations"
against civilians in the Syrian government`s violent crackdown
on opposition groups.
The UN expert panel`s chairman, Brazilian professor Paulo
Sergio Pinheiro, says civilians have died due to the
government`s obstruction of humanitarian aid.
The Red Cross is still waiting for unimpeded access to
areas affected by fighting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room