Syrian envoy says Israel supplying arms to rebels
Geneva: Syria`s envoy to the United Nations
in Geneva has accused Israel of supplying arms to rebels
fighting to overthrow the government of President Bashar
Ambassador Fayssal al-Hamwi told a meeting of the UN
Human Rights Council Monday that Israeli weapons were being
funneled to opposition groups and foreign fighters linked to
Al-Hamwi was responding to a UN-commissioned expert
report that found "widespread and systematic violations"
against civilians in the Syrian government`s violent crackdown
on opposition groups.
The UN expert panel`s chairman, Brazilian professor Paulo
Sergio Pinheiro, says civilians have died due to the
government`s obstruction of humanitarian aid.
The Red Cross is still waiting for unimpeded access to
areas affected by fighting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'