`Syrian forces arrest opposition leader`
Amman: Syrian forces arrested on Saturday opposition leader Walid al-Bunni, a veteran opponent of Baath party rule who has called for a national conference to work out a peaceful transition of power after a five-month uprising, a rights group said.
Bunni, who has been in hiding, was seized with his two teenage sons by secret police in his hometown of Tel just north of the capital Damascus, the Syrian Human Rights Organization Sawasiah said in a statement sent to a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players