`Syrian forces arrest opposition leader`
Amman: Syrian forces arrested on Saturday opposition leader Walid al-Bunni, a veteran opponent of Baath party rule who has called for a national conference to work out a peaceful transition of power after a five-month uprising, a rights group said.
Bunni, who has been in hiding, was seized with his two teenage sons by secret police in his hometown of Tel just north of the capital Damascus, the Syrian Human Rights Organization Sawasiah said in a statement sent to a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter