`Syrian forces arrest opposition leader`
Amman: Syrian forces arrested on Saturday opposition leader Walid al-Bunni, a veteran opponent of Baath party rule who has called for a national conference to work out a peaceful transition of power after a five-month uprising, a rights group said.
Bunni, who has been in hiding, was seized with his two teenage sons by secret police in his hometown of Tel just north of the capital Damascus, the Syrian Human Rights Organization Sawasiah said in a statement sent to a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray