Syrian hackers claim Obama Facebook, Twitter accounts
Washington: Hackers from a group calling itself the Syrian Electronic Army claimed today they had taken control of US President Barack Obama`s Twitter and Facebook accounts.
The group, which backs Syria`s government and which has previously hacked accounts of The New York Times, Agence France-Presse and other media organizations, published screen shots which it said backed its claims.
"Thanks to our operation, Twitter now blocks Obama`s dangerous propaganda links," said a tweet from the Syrian group.
Both accounts appeared to be functioning normally some time after the claim.
The White House did not immediately respond to an AFP query on the claim.
A Twitter spokesman said in a tweet that "The @BarackObama Twitter account was not compromised; their link shortener was."
The Syrian group also indicated it took over a Gmail account from Obama`s campaign and a page from that website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what