Syrian hackers claim Obama Facebook, Twitter accounts
Washington: Hackers from a group calling itself the Syrian Electronic Army claimed today they had taken control of US President Barack Obama`s Twitter and Facebook accounts.
The group, which backs Syria`s government and which has previously hacked accounts of The New York Times, Agence France-Presse and other media organizations, published screen shots which it said backed its claims.
"Thanks to our operation, Twitter now blocks Obama`s dangerous propaganda links," said a tweet from the Syrian group.
Both accounts appeared to be functioning normally some time after the claim.
The White House did not immediately respond to an AFP query on the claim.
A Twitter spokesman said in a tweet that "The @BarackObama Twitter account was not compromised; their link shortener was."
The Syrian group also indicated it took over a Gmail account from Obama`s campaign and a page from that website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Here's what Yuvraj Singh said after his long wait for IPL trophy ended
- Meet 'Haryana ki Sherni' Anushka Sharma from 'Sultan'! See LATEST pic
- Anxious mother fox waits while men work to rescue her trapped cub– Watch the emotional moment!
- Attention Malaika! Hubby Arbaaz Khan is all set to romance Sunny Leone on reel
- Fallujah offensive against Iraq: Five things you need to know about