Syrian hackers threaten response to US military strike
Washington: The Syrian Electronic Army, a pro-Assad hacking collective, may retaliate against a U.S. military strike with their own cyber assaults against the U.S. economy, a computer user claiming to be a leading member of the group has warned.
The group has taken responsibility for a number of high-profile attacks on major American media organizations.
The group had attacked the Washington Post and The New York Times that brought down the historic newspaper`s website for hours earlier this week.
According to ABC News, the alleged member said when the group hacked media they did not intend to destroy the site but only publish an article that contains the truth of what is happening in Syria.
The member, who goes by SEA The Shadow online, said if the United States launch attack on Syria the group may use methods of causing harm, both for the U.S. economy or other, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?