Syrian hackers threaten response to US military strike
Washington: The Syrian Electronic Army, a pro-Assad hacking collective, may retaliate against a U.S. military strike with their own cyber assaults against the U.S. economy, a computer user claiming to be a leading member of the group has warned.
The group has taken responsibility for a number of high-profile attacks on major American media organizations.
The group had attacked the Washington Post and The New York Times that brought down the historic newspaper`s website for hours earlier this week.
According to ABC News, the alleged member said when the group hacked media they did not intend to destroy the site but only publish an article that contains the truth of what is happening in Syria.
The member, who goes by SEA The Shadow online, said if the United States launch attack on Syria the group may use methods of causing harm, both for the U.S. economy or other, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon