Syrian hackers threaten response to US military strike
Washington: The Syrian Electronic Army, a pro-Assad hacking collective, may retaliate against a U.S. military strike with their own cyber assaults against the U.S. economy, a computer user claiming to be a leading member of the group has warned.
The group has taken responsibility for a number of high-profile attacks on major American media organizations.
The group had attacked the Washington Post and The New York Times that brought down the historic newspaper`s website for hours earlier this week.
According to ABC News, the alleged member said when the group hacked media they did not intend to destroy the site but only publish an article that contains the truth of what is happening in Syria.
The member, who goes by SEA The Shadow online, said if the United States launch attack on Syria the group may use methods of causing harm, both for the U.S. economy or other, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice