Syrian hackers threaten response to US military strike
Washington: The Syrian Electronic Army, a pro-Assad hacking collective, may retaliate against a U.S. military strike with their own cyber assaults against the U.S. economy, a computer user claiming to be a leading member of the group has warned.
The group has taken responsibility for a number of high-profile attacks on major American media organizations.
The group had attacked the Washington Post and The New York Times that brought down the historic newspaper`s website for hours earlier this week.
According to ABC News, the alleged member said when the group hacked media they did not intend to destroy the site but only publish an article that contains the truth of what is happening in Syria.
The member, who goes by SEA The Shadow online, said if the United States launch attack on Syria the group may use methods of causing harm, both for the U.S. economy or other, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016: BSEB 10th Result 2016, Bihar Class 10th Result 2016 to be declared today on May 29; check biharboard.bih.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi plays traditional Khasi drum in Meghalaya
- Lightning strikes German football pitch, 35 hurt, 3 seriously
- People's faith in our work renewed our vigour: PM Modi at India Gate
- IPL 2016: Virat Kohli praises rival captain David Warner, predicts tough final against Sunrisers Hyderabad