Syrian Islamic extremists chop off thief`s hand, post grisly images on Twitter
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: Many Twitter users were in for a shock when a group of Islamic extremists live-tweeted images on Friday of a blindfolded man whose hand was being cut off as a punishment for robbery.
The series of tweets showed several people gathered around the thief whose right hand was placed tightly against the surface of a wooden plank. On the other side a masked man was seen holding a long sword.
The following images showed that the thief was lying on his back while his hand was bleeding profusely.
However, Twitter latter suspended the @reyadiraq account, which had about 96,000 followers and more than 20,000 tweets.
The group involved in such heinous incident is ISIS which is trying hard to topple Syria President Bashar al-Assad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress