Syrian journalist dies of wounds: Report
Beirut: Syria`s official news agency says a journalist for a pro-government television station has died of wounds sustained in shooting attack in the suburbs of the capital, Damascus.
The state-run SANA agency says that Suheil al-Ali of Addounia TV died yesterday, four days after a "terrorist" fired on him as he was going to work.
Fighting has raged for weeks in neighborhoods and towns around Damascus as rebels fighting to topple President Bashar Assad press on with an offensive to take the city, the seat of his power.
Syrian state media refers to opposition fighters as terrorists.
The rebels frequently target regime officials and pro-government reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!