Syrian journalist dies of wounds: Report
Beirut: Syria`s official news agency says a journalist for a pro-government television station has died of wounds sustained in shooting attack in the suburbs of the capital, Damascus.
The state-run SANA agency says that Suheil al-Ali of Addounia TV died yesterday, four days after a "terrorist" fired on him as he was going to work.
Fighting has raged for weeks in neighborhoods and towns around Damascus as rebels fighting to topple President Bashar Assad press on with an offensive to take the city, the seat of his power.
Syrian state media refers to opposition fighters as terrorists.
The rebels frequently target regime officials and pro-government reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey