Syrian journalist dies of wounds: Report
Beirut: Syria`s official news agency says a journalist for a pro-government television station has died of wounds sustained in shooting attack in the suburbs of the capital, Damascus.
The state-run SANA agency says that Suheil al-Ali of Addounia TV died yesterday, four days after a "terrorist" fired on him as he was going to work.
Fighting has raged for weeks in neighborhoods and towns around Damascus as rebels fighting to topple President Bashar Assad press on with an offensive to take the city, the seat of his power.
Syrian state media refers to opposition fighters as terrorists.
The rebels frequently target regime officials and pro-government reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing