Syrian journalist dies of wounds: Report
Beirut: Syria`s official news agency says a journalist for a pro-government television station has died of wounds sustained in shooting attack in the suburbs of the capital, Damascus.
The state-run SANA agency says that Suheil al-Ali of Addounia TV died yesterday, four days after a "terrorist" fired on him as he was going to work.
Fighting has raged for weeks in neighborhoods and towns around Damascus as rebels fighting to topple President Bashar Assad press on with an offensive to take the city, the seat of his power.
Syrian state media refers to opposition fighters as terrorists.
The rebels frequently target regime officials and pro-government reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof