Syrian journalists killed in TV station attack
Damascus: At least four journalists were killed when armed gunmen blew up the newsroom of a pro-government television station near the Syrian capital.
Hours before Wednesday`s attack at the al-Ikhbaryia satellite channel, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said his country was in "a real state of war".
Information Minister Omran al-Zoubi lashed out at the European Union and Arab League for "instigating" violence and said they were "fully responsible" for the TV station attack, state-run news agency Sana reported.
"This massacre won`t go unpunished and the broadcast of the Syrian al-Ikhbaryia Satellite Channel will not stop and we hold the EU, Arab and international organisations responsible for this massacre," he said.
The UN says more than 10,000 people have lost their lives since anti-government protests started in March 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH