Syrian journalists killed in TV station attack
Damascus: At least four journalists were killed when armed gunmen blew up the newsroom of a pro-government television station near the Syrian capital.
Hours before Wednesday`s attack at the al-Ikhbaryia satellite channel, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said his country was in "a real state of war".
Information Minister Omran al-Zoubi lashed out at the European Union and Arab League for "instigating" violence and said they were "fully responsible" for the TV station attack, state-run news agency Sana reported.
"This massacre won`t go unpunished and the broadcast of the Syrian al-Ikhbaryia Satellite Channel will not stop and we hold the EU, Arab and international organisations responsible for this massacre," he said.
The UN says more than 10,000 people have lost their lives since anti-government protests started in March 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble