Syrian journalists killed in TV station attack
Damascus: At least four journalists were killed when armed gunmen blew up the newsroom of a pro-government television station near the Syrian capital.
Hours before Wednesday`s attack at the al-Ikhbaryia satellite channel, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said his country was in "a real state of war".
Information Minister Omran al-Zoubi lashed out at the European Union and Arab League for "instigating" violence and said they were "fully responsible" for the TV station attack, state-run news agency Sana reported.
"This massacre won`t go unpunished and the broadcast of the Syrian al-Ikhbaryia Satellite Channel will not stop and we hold the EU, Arab and international organisations responsible for this massacre," he said.
The UN says more than 10,000 people have lost their lives since anti-government protests started in March 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP