Syrian lawmaker criticises opposition council
Beirut: A member of Syria`s Parliament says a broad-based national council set up by the opposition will not be able to overthrow the regime of President Bashar Assad.
Khaled Abboud said on Monday that those who announced the formation of the council in Istanbul a day earlier are "deluding themselves”.
Syrian dissidents formally established a national council designed to overthrow Assad`s regime, which they accused of pushing the country to the brink of civil war. The council appeared to be the most serious step yet to unify a deeply fragmented dissident movement.
Abboud dismissed the opposition move, saying: "It`s a dream that will never come true”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29