Syrian military complex hit by car bomb, several dead
Damascus: A car bomb blast targeted Syrian military complex in Syria’s Homs on Wednesday killing many, activists said.
The explosion that took place near a military institution in city of Palmyra, killed many regime troops who were present in the building that houses a military intelligence branch and a government security agency.
Of late, Syrian government institutions have largely come under attack by Islamist militants who along with Syrian rebels are trying to oust President Assad.
According to Britain based Observatory for Human Rights, the bombing was followed by heavy clashes between rebels and government soldiers guarding the compound.
Syrian authorities have not confirmed the attack. There was no immediate claim of responsibility.
Syria is now in 23rd month of a civil war which has claimed more than 60, 000 lives, according to the UN.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her