Syrian MP survives assassination attempt
Damascus: A Syrian MP has survived an assassination attempt, when his car was booby-trapped with an explosive device, Xinhua reported.
Sharif Shehade`s car was booby-trapped with an explosive device that exploded without injuring him, according to Sham FM radio.
The blast took place in Damascus` Bramikeh district.
Shehade is known for his pro-government stance and outspoken criticism of the opposition and rebel fighters.
Around 60,000 people have died since violence broke out in March 2011 between forces of President Bashar al-Assad and rebels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi