Syrian MP survives assassination attempt
Damascus: A Syrian MP has survived an assassination attempt, when his car was booby-trapped with an explosive device, Xinhua reported.
Sharif Shehade`s car was booby-trapped with an explosive device that exploded without injuring him, according to Sham FM radio.
The blast took place in Damascus` Bramikeh district.
Shehade is known for his pro-government stance and outspoken criticism of the opposition and rebel fighters.
Around 60,000 people have died since violence broke out in March 2011 between forces of President Bashar al-Assad and rebels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you