Syrian MP survives assassination attempt
Damascus: A Syrian MP has survived an assassination attempt, when his car was booby-trapped with an explosive device, Xinhua reported.
Sharif Shehade`s car was booby-trapped with an explosive device that exploded without injuring him, according to Sham FM radio.
The blast took place in Damascus` Bramikeh district.
Shehade is known for his pro-government stance and outspoken criticism of the opposition and rebel fighters.
Around 60,000 people have died since violence broke out in March 2011 between forces of President Bashar al-Assad and rebels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Quikr acquires Hiree, to focus on innovating in jobs space
- ICICI, Axis banks join Swift's global payments initiative
- Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde drench in colours of old-age romance in 'Sarsariya' from 'Mohenjo Daro'!
- Wayne Rooney aims to take up coaching after retirement
- Need for 'Sharia' like laws to check crimes against women: MNS chief Raj Thackeray