Syrian MP survives assassination attempt
Damascus: A Syrian MP has survived an assassination attempt, when his car was booby-trapped with an explosive device, Xinhua reported.
Sharif Shehade`s car was booby-trapped with an explosive device that exploded without injuring him, according to Sham FM radio.
The blast took place in Damascus` Bramikeh district.
Shehade is known for his pro-government stance and outspoken criticism of the opposition and rebel fighters.
Around 60,000 people have died since violence broke out in March 2011 between forces of President Bashar al-Assad and rebels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi