Syrian official says Assad regime ‘has already won’
Washington: A member of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s government has declared that they have ‘already won’ and the rebellions have failed.
Syrian Deputy Foreign Minister Faisal al-Maqdad in an interview that the battle is going very well for the regime.
According to CNN, when asked if al-Assad would give up power if he were voted out, al-Maqdad said, ‘absolutely, he would do so’, but he also assured that Assad still enjoys a ‘majority in Syria’.
But rebel leaders and fighters see it differently, the report said.
A suicide attack at a regime military facility left at least 20 soldiers dead this week in Homs, and just last week government forces were using artillery and planes against rebels in the capital`s southern suburbs.
According to the report, Al-Maqdad defended the regime`s shelling, calling it a reaction to the opposition`s violence.
He said that the Assad’s regime ‘is demanding to stop to all these actions and to come to the table where we discuss all our grievances together.’
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal