Syrian opposition divided over Geneva II peace talks?
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: It seems that trouble is reportedly brewing in Syrian opposition ahead of crucial peace talks due to take place in Switzerland on Wednesday.
Divided over attending Geneva II peace talks, the Syrian National Council (SNC) has decided to part ways with the Syrian National Council (SNC), as per an international news agency report.
The recent controversy took place shortly after United Nations (UN) invited Iran to take part in Geneva talks following which the Syrian opposition threatened to not attend the peace talk.
After Iran said that its attendance should not be based on any precondition, United Nations chief Ban Ki-moon was “deeply disappointed” and UN later withdrew its invitation.
The Syrian regime headed by Bashar al-Assad will be part of Geneva peace talks and will negotiate with the opposition to make way for a transitional government to end the ongoing bloody war.
World powers including US and Russia will be attending the peace talks among other nations.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says