Syrian opposition group decries insult to Prophet
Istanbul: A major Syrian opposition group has expressed its distress over the insults caused by a US movie towards Prophet Mohammad but also stated that it is shocked over some Muslims` reaction in the form of murder, arson and vandalism.
"We condemn the repeated insults to the noble prophet ... and are outraged to see the insults tied to the anniversary of the September 11 attacks, which suggests there is a connection between the event and the tolerant message of Islam," Xinhua quoted The Syrian National Council as saying in a statement.
"As we condemn the insults and consider them an assault on the feelings and beliefs of nearly one fourth of the population of the globe, we stress the right of everyone who has been offended to express peacefully their rejection and condemnation," the Istanbul-based Syrian opposition group added.
The group also denounced the killing of the US ambassador and three other US diplomatic staffers in Libya.
On Tuesday night, protesters stormed the US consulate in Libyan city of Benghazi, and set fire to the building to protest against the video allegedly ridiculing Prophet Mohammad.
The film has also ignited protests in Yemen, Iran and Egypt.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar