Syrian opposition meet in Doha today
Syria: Syrian opposition will meet for crucial talks in Doha on Sunday in a bid to form a unified front against the Syrian regime, as per a BBC report.
The meeting will also reportedly address key issues related to the main opposition body Syria National Council (SNC) and differences related to it.
Earlier, a video was released which showed that the Syrian rebels attacked a key airbase of Taftanz, in an attempt to gain control of it, as per a BBC report on Saturday.
The airbase lies in the northern region, and the move can prove vital as it is located between Aleppo and Damascus.
The video footage showed rebels attacking with multiple rocket launchers and other weapons. Several brigades of the Free Syrian Army and also the radical Islamist al-Nusra Front were reportedly part of this operation, as per a report.
(With Agency Inputs)
- PM Narendra Modi to launch solar-powered e-boats on River Ganga in Varanasi
- 'DMK chief Karuna's sole aim to woo youth to see family rule continues'
- Why US President Barack Obama mocked Donald Trump at final correspondents' dinner
- Unveiled! First poster of Amitabh Bachchan starrer 'TE3N'
- Cyber-bullying increases aggression in teenagers: Study