Syrian opposition meet in Doha today
Syria: Syrian opposition will meet for crucial talks in Doha on Sunday in a bid to form a unified front against the Syrian regime, as per a BBC report.
The meeting will also reportedly address key issues related to the main opposition body Syria National Council (SNC) and differences related to it.
Earlier, a video was released which showed that the Syrian rebels attacked a key airbase of Taftanz, in an attempt to gain control of it, as per a BBC report on Saturday.
The airbase lies in the northern region, and the move can prove vital as it is located between Aleppo and Damascus.
The video footage showed rebels attacking with multiple rocket launchers and other weapons. Several brigades of the Free Syrian Army and also the radical Islamist al-Nusra Front were reportedly part of this operation, as per a report.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- La Liga to hold minute`s silence for Italy earthquake victims
- `I`m not 100 percent`, admits US Open champion Novak Djokovic
- Kanhaiya, two others granted regular bail in sedition case
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned