Syrian opposition meet in Doha today
Syria: Syrian opposition will meet for crucial talks in Doha on Sunday in a bid to form a unified front against the Syrian regime, as per a BBC report.
The meeting will also reportedly address key issues related to the main opposition body Syria National Council (SNC) and differences related to it.
Earlier, a video was released which showed that the Syrian rebels attacked a key airbase of Taftanz, in an attempt to gain control of it, as per a BBC report on Saturday.
The airbase lies in the northern region, and the move can prove vital as it is located between Aleppo and Damascus.
The video footage showed rebels attacking with multiple rocket launchers and other weapons. Several brigades of the Free Syrian Army and also the radical Islamist al-Nusra Front were reportedly part of this operation, as per a report.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi