Syrian opposition to name delegation for talks
Beirut: A senior official with Syria`s Western-backed main opposition group says its leadership will meet to name members of a delegation heading to a peace conference this week.
Ahmad Ramadan says the meeting is planned for later today in Istanbul. He says it will decide who will negotiate with the Syrian government delegation in Switzerland.
Ramadan`s comments came a day after the Syrian National Coalition voted in favor of attending the conference, paving the way for the first direct talks between the rival sides in the nearly three-year conflict.
Ramadan says the 15-member delegation will include two representatives of the country`s ethnic Kurdish minority, two for rebels and two for opposition groups based in Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why