Syrian opposition to name delegation for talks
Beirut: A senior official with Syria`s Western-backed main opposition group says its leadership will meet to name members of a delegation heading to a peace conference this week.
Ahmad Ramadan says the meeting is planned for later today in Istanbul. He says it will decide who will negotiate with the Syrian government delegation in Switzerland.
Ramadan`s comments came a day after the Syrian National Coalition voted in favor of attending the conference, paving the way for the first direct talks between the rival sides in the nearly three-year conflict.
Ramadan says the 15-member delegation will include two representatives of the country`s ethnic Kurdish minority, two for rebels and two for opposition groups based in Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter