Syrian opposition to name delegation for talks
Beirut: A senior official with Syria`s Western-backed main opposition group says its leadership will meet to name members of a delegation heading to a peace conference this week.
Ahmad Ramadan says the meeting is planned for later today in Istanbul. He says it will decide who will negotiate with the Syrian government delegation in Switzerland.
Ramadan`s comments came a day after the Syrian National Coalition voted in favor of attending the conference, paving the way for the first direct talks between the rival sides in the nearly three-year conflict.
Ramadan says the 15-member delegation will include two representatives of the country`s ethnic Kurdish minority, two for rebels and two for opposition groups based in Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'