Syrian opposition to skip conference over ‘international silence`
Damascus: Upset over its ‘shameful international position’, the chief opposition of the country, Syrian National Coalition has decided to boycott the Friends of Syria conference.
The conference that is to take place in Rome next week will not be attended by the coalition to protest against the civil deaths caused by operations in Aleppo and other parts of the country.
The coalition has also turned down invitations from Washington and Moscow to protest against international silence over what Syrian government is doing to the country.
In statement released yesterday, the coalition has condemned the systematic destruction of the city and civilization of Aleppo.
They also came hard at Russia for supporting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad with weapons.
Adib Shishakly, representative of the Syrian National Coalition told CNN “enough is enough’’.
He added that international bodies hold meetings but are unable to provided key assistance that is required.
The United Nations recently estimated 70,000 people have died in the fighting in Syria.
The Friends of Syria is a collection of dozens of countries trying to find a solution to the Syrian crisis and the new Secretary of State of US, John Kerry will also be a part of it.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police