Syrian opposition to skip conference over ‘international silence`
Damascus: Upset over its ‘shameful international position’, the chief opposition of the country, Syrian National Coalition has decided to boycott the Friends of Syria conference.
The conference that is to take place in Rome next week will not be attended by the coalition to protest against the civil deaths caused by operations in Aleppo and other parts of the country.
The coalition has also turned down invitations from Washington and Moscow to protest against international silence over what Syrian government is doing to the country.
In statement released yesterday, the coalition has condemned the systematic destruction of the city and civilization of Aleppo.
They also came hard at Russia for supporting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad with weapons.
Adib Shishakly, representative of the Syrian National Coalition told CNN “enough is enough’’.
He added that international bodies hold meetings but are unable to provided key assistance that is required.
The United Nations recently estimated 70,000 people have died in the fighting in Syria.
The Friends of Syria is a collection of dozens of countries trying to find a solution to the Syrian crisis and the new Secretary of State of US, John Kerry will also be a part of it.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie