Syrian opposition to skip conference over ‘international silence`
Damascus: Upset over its ‘shameful international position’, the chief opposition of the country, Syrian National Coalition has decided to boycott the Friends of Syria conference.
The conference that is to take place in Rome next week will not be attended by the coalition to protest against the civil deaths caused by operations in Aleppo and other parts of the country.
The coalition has also turned down invitations from Washington and Moscow to protest against international silence over what Syrian government is doing to the country.
In statement released yesterday, the coalition has condemned the systematic destruction of the city and civilization of Aleppo.
They also came hard at Russia for supporting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad with weapons.
Adib Shishakly, representative of the Syrian National Coalition told CNN “enough is enough’’.
He added that international bodies hold meetings but are unable to provided key assistance that is required.
The United Nations recently estimated 70,000 people have died in the fighting in Syria.
The Friends of Syria is a collection of dozens of countries trying to find a solution to the Syrian crisis and the new Secretary of State of US, John Kerry will also be a part of it.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!