Syrian opposition undecided over Geneva talks
Istanbul: Syria`s opposition in Istanbul has failed to reach a consensus on whether to participate in the forthcoming Geneva conference, Xinhua reported.
"We are exchanging opinions, we are yet to make a decision," Syrian National Coalition (SNC) spokesperson Khaled Saleh said Saturday.
The Syrian main opposition group has held talks since Thursday in Istanbul to discuss its stance in the upcoming Geneva II meeting, initiated by Russia and the US.
However, Syria`s opposition has agreed on general principles on the expansion of the SNC.
The Istanbul meetings, previously scheduled to end Saturday, have been extended since the decision about the Geneva talks is yet to be finalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble