Syrian parliamentary delegation to visit Iran
Tehran: A Syrian parliamentary delegation will visit Tehran for diplomatic talks, Iran`s news agencies reported.
Alaeddin Boroujerdi, head of the Iranian parliament Majlis` National Security and Foreign Policy Commission, said the Syrian delegation was scheduled to arrive in Tehran Sunday.
He said the 10-member Syrian group will meet Majlis Speaker Ali Larijani and a number of other Iranian officials.
Boroujerdi had said in August that his country stands against any foreign intervention in Syria.
According to Xinhua, the Iranian lawmaker criticised the US and its allies, and accused them of not supporting a political solution to the Syrian crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed