Syrian PM appears on live TV after surviving assassination
Damascus: Syrian Prime Minister Wael al-Halqi was seen on state TV`s live report meeting government officials on Monday after surviving an assassination attempt in Damascus.
Appearing totally unharmed in the footage, al-Halqi was reportedly discussing economic matters with members of the Syrian cabinet, reports Xinhua.
But he did not talk about the details of the blast, which occurred in Damascus` western neighbourhood al-Mazzeh Monday and left at least eight people dead.
One of al-Halqi`s escorts is believed to have been killed in the attack, reports said.
The high-profile assassination attempt is the latest in a series of plots that have targeted Syrian officials and army officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?