Syrian PM appears on live TV after surviving assassination
Damascus: Syrian Prime Minister Wael al-Halqi was seen on state TV`s live report meeting government officials on Monday after surviving an assassination attempt in Damascus.
Appearing totally unharmed in the footage, al-Halqi was reportedly discussing economic matters with members of the Syrian cabinet, reports Xinhua.
But he did not talk about the details of the blast, which occurred in Damascus` western neighbourhood al-Mazzeh Monday and left at least eight people dead.
One of al-Halqi`s escorts is believed to have been killed in the attack, reports said.
The high-profile assassination attempt is the latest in a series of plots that have targeted Syrian officials and army officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre