Syrian PM appears on live TV after surviving assassination
Damascus: Syrian Prime Minister Wael al-Halqi was seen on state TV`s live report meeting government officials on Monday after surviving an assassination attempt in Damascus.
Appearing totally unharmed in the footage, al-Halqi was reportedly discussing economic matters with members of the Syrian cabinet, reports Xinhua.
But he did not talk about the details of the blast, which occurred in Damascus` western neighbourhood al-Mazzeh Monday and left at least eight people dead.
One of al-Halqi`s escorts is believed to have been killed in the attack, reports said.
The high-profile assassination attempt is the latest in a series of plots that have targeted Syrian officials and army officers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India