Syrian Prez understands gravity of crisis: Brahimi
Damascus: Visiting UN-Arab League (AL) special representative Lakhdar Brahimi said on Saturday that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad realizes the dimensions of the current crisis and its gravity.
"We spoke and I think President Assad realizes more than me the dimensions of the crisis and its gravity," Brahimi told reporters during a briefing after a meeting with the Syrian President.
Brahimi reiterated in the briefing that the "Syrian crisis is very dangerous and it`s exacerbated and poses a danger on the Syrian people, the region and the world."
He said he had told Assad that he will bring forward all the thoughts and possibilities to help the Syrian people out of the ordeal.
He said there is no clear plan yet, but added that he will meet and visit all the countries that have interests in Syria in order to come up with a plan that would help ending the crisis.
Brahimi also said he will pay another visit soon to Syria to continue "talks and work."
Tasked with brokering a diplomatic solution to the Syrian conflict, Brahimi arrived in Syria Thursday for a three-day visit and met with officials for the Syrian administration and the opposition alike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'