Syrian Prez understands gravity of crisis: Brahimi
Damascus: Visiting UN-Arab League (AL) special representative Lakhdar Brahimi said on Saturday that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad realizes the dimensions of the current crisis and its gravity.
"We spoke and I think President Assad realizes more than me the dimensions of the crisis and its gravity," Brahimi told reporters during a briefing after a meeting with the Syrian President.
Brahimi reiterated in the briefing that the "Syrian crisis is very dangerous and it`s exacerbated and poses a danger on the Syrian people, the region and the world."
He said he had told Assad that he will bring forward all the thoughts and possibilities to help the Syrian people out of the ordeal.
He said there is no clear plan yet, but added that he will meet and visit all the countries that have interests in Syria in order to come up with a plan that would help ending the crisis.
Brahimi also said he will pay another visit soon to Syria to continue "talks and work."
Tasked with brokering a diplomatic solution to the Syrian conflict, Brahimi arrived in Syria Thursday for a three-day visit and met with officials for the Syrian administration and the opposition alike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security