Syrian rebels blast Russian offer on chemical arms
Beirut: Syrian rebels have blasted the Russian proposal on securing their country`s chemical weapons, saying that Bashar Assad`s government should instead be made to face an international court for last month`s attack near Damascus.
The top rebel commander, Gen. Salim Idris, says regime officials should be referred to the International Criminal Court for the alleged August 21 chemical attack near the Syrian capital that killed hundreds.
Idris, speaking for the Free Syrian Army, says "chemical weapons were the tool of the crime" in the attack in Ghouta suburb.
He says the FSA "categorically rejects the Russian initiative."
Idris` statement was broadcast today on pan-Arab satellite channels, hours ahead of talks in Geneva between US Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov on the Russian proposal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical