Syrian rebels capture post near Jordan border
Beirut: A Syrian activist group says rebels have captured a military post south of the country on the border with Jordan after four days of fighting.
The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says 26 soldiers were killed in the battle as well as a number of rebels, including seven foreign fighters.
The post that was captured early today served in the past as the customs office on the border with Jordan. It was turned into an army post years ago.
The post is in the southern city of Daraa where the uprising against President Bashar Assad`s regime began in March 2011.
The uprising later turned into a civil war that killed more than 100,000 people, according to the UN.
Rebels control other areas bordering Jordan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?