Syrian rebels capture post near Jordan border
Beirut: A Syrian activist group says rebels have captured a military post south of the country on the border with Jordan after four days of fighting.
The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says 26 soldiers were killed in the battle as well as a number of rebels, including seven foreign fighters.
The post that was captured early today served in the past as the customs office on the border with Jordan. It was turned into an army post years ago.
The post is in the southern city of Daraa where the uprising against President Bashar Assad`s regime began in March 2011.
The uprising later turned into a civil war that killed more than 100,000 people, according to the UN.
Rebels control other areas bordering Jordan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani