Syrian rebels killed on Lebanon border
Moscow: Dozens of fighters of the rebel Free Syrian Army have been killed in an operation by Syrian government forces in Homs province near the border with Lebanon, Lebanon-based Al-Mayadeen TV reported.
A base of one of the armed groups near the village of al-Qusayr was destroyed. At least 40 rebels including the leader of the group were killed.
Several militants, four of them Turkish citizens, were killed Saturday in Aleppo, Syrian news agency SANA reported.
Government forces repelled an attack by militants who "supposedly came from Turkey" in the north of Aleppo, it said.
The Syrian conflict has claimed up to 20,000 lives according to various groups. The UN puts the toll at over 18,000, while Syrian authorities say 8,000 have died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing