Syrian rebels killed on Lebanon border
Moscow: Dozens of fighters of the rebel Free Syrian Army have been killed in an operation by Syrian government forces in Homs province near the border with Lebanon, Lebanon-based Al-Mayadeen TV reported.
A base of one of the armed groups near the village of al-Qusayr was destroyed. At least 40 rebels including the leader of the group were killed.
Several militants, four of them Turkish citizens, were killed Saturday in Aleppo, Syrian news agency SANA reported.
Government forces repelled an attack by militants who "supposedly came from Turkey" in the north of Aleppo, it said.
The Syrian conflict has claimed up to 20,000 lives according to various groups. The UN puts the toll at over 18,000, while Syrian authorities say 8,000 have died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation