Syrian rebels killed on Lebanon border
Moscow: Dozens of fighters of the rebel Free Syrian Army have been killed in an operation by Syrian government forces in Homs province near the border with Lebanon, Lebanon-based Al-Mayadeen TV reported.
A base of one of the armed groups near the village of al-Qusayr was destroyed. At least 40 rebels including the leader of the group were killed.
Several militants, four of them Turkish citizens, were killed Saturday in Aleppo, Syrian news agency SANA reported.
Government forces repelled an attack by militants who "supposedly came from Turkey" in the north of Aleppo, it said.
The Syrian conflict has claimed up to 20,000 lives according to various groups. The UN puts the toll at over 18,000, while Syrian authorities say 8,000 have died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal