Syrian rights group says 26 killed in Deraa
Beirut: A Syrian rights group said on Sunday that 26 protesters had been killed in the southern city of Deraa and two in the central province of Homs after security forces opened fire on a peaceful gathering of protesters.
The National Organisation for Human Rights in Syria said security and police forces had on Saturday "dispersed peaceful gatherings in a number of Syrian provinces by using excessive and unjustified violence through the use of bullets," according to a statement on its website.
It then listed the names of people killed in Deraa and Homs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon