Syrian rights group says 26 killed in Deraa
Beirut: A Syrian rights group said on Sunday that 26 protesters had been killed in the southern city of Deraa and two in the central province of Homs after security forces opened fire on a peaceful gathering of protesters.
The National Organisation for Human Rights in Syria said security and police forces had on Saturday "dispersed peaceful gatherings in a number of Syrian provinces by using excessive and unjustified violence through the use of bullets," according to a statement on its website.
It then listed the names of people killed in Deraa and Homs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog