Syrian situation is worsening: UN envoy Brahimi
United Nations: The UN-Arab league joint special representative for Syria Lakhdar Brahimi said Monday that the situation in Syria was "extremely bad" and getting worse.
"There is no disagreement that the situation in Syria is extremely bad and getting worse, and that it is a threat to the region and a threat to the peace and security in the world," Xinhua quoted Brahimi as saying.
Brahimi made the remarks after briefing the Security Council Monday morning on what he had seen and heard during his recent visit to the region, including Damascus, and refugee camps in Jordan and Turkey.
He said that he and the Security Council have started to discuss the way forward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company
- Some 6,500 migrants rescued off Libya: Coastguard
- Mitsubishi Motors overstated fuel economy on eight more models - Nikkei