Syrian situation is worsening: UN envoy Brahimi
United Nations: The UN-Arab league joint special representative for Syria Lakhdar Brahimi said Monday that the situation in Syria was "extremely bad" and getting worse.
"There is no disagreement that the situation in Syria is extremely bad and getting worse, and that it is a threat to the region and a threat to the peace and security in the world," Xinhua quoted Brahimi as saying.
Brahimi made the remarks after briefing the Security Council Monday morning on what he had seen and heard during his recent visit to the region, including Damascus, and refugee camps in Jordan and Turkey.
He said that he and the Security Council have started to discuss the way forward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Those with illegal money to be prosecuted: Jaitley on Panama Papers
- 10 killed in Bangladesh poll violence
- Watch: Now make a call just by squeezing your smartphone!
- Life beyond cricket: Humanist Rohit Sharma visits orphanage after IPL stint
- Delhi court reserves order on criminal complaint against Arvind Kejriwal