Syrian situation is worsening: UN envoy Brahimi
United Nations: The UN-Arab league joint special representative for Syria Lakhdar Brahimi said Monday that the situation in Syria was "extremely bad" and getting worse.
"There is no disagreement that the situation in Syria is extremely bad and getting worse, and that it is a threat to the region and a threat to the peace and security in the world," Xinhua quoted Brahimi as saying.
Brahimi made the remarks after briefing the Security Council Monday morning on what he had seen and heard during his recent visit to the region, including Damascus, and refugee camps in Jordan and Turkey.
He said that he and the Security Council have started to discuss the way forward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- AAP has become shelter of comedians not having ideology, says BJP
- Bhagwant Mann must be refrained from entering into Parliament: JD(U)
- Pokemon GO launched in Japan, thousands start hunting and capturing monsters
- Oppressed Dalits will teach a lesson to BJP: Arvind Kejriwal in Gujarat
- Una incident: Dalit victim back in hospital ahead of Rahul Gandhi’s visit under 'political pressure'