Syrian situation is worsening: UN envoy Brahimi
United Nations: The UN-Arab league joint special representative for Syria Lakhdar Brahimi said Monday that the situation in Syria was "extremely bad" and getting worse.
"There is no disagreement that the situation in Syria is extremely bad and getting worse, and that it is a threat to the region and a threat to the peace and security in the world," Xinhua quoted Brahimi as saying.
Brahimi made the remarks after briefing the Security Council Monday morning on what he had seen and heard during his recent visit to the region, including Damascus, and refugee camps in Jordan and Turkey.
He said that he and the Security Council have started to discuss the way forward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra