Syrian troops advance in rebel held areas
Damascus: The Syrian army continued advancing against the rebels in the countryside of Damascus, mainly in Jobar and Muadaieh, the pan-Arab al-Mayadeen TV said.
The Syrian army made notable advances on Monday and almost besieged Jobar from all directions to isolate it, Xinhua reported.
Meanwhile, a security source said the army troops will keep moving ahead in the Damascus countryside, until eliminating all the rebels` positions.
The military advances are being made amid speculations that the US would attack Syria for alleged chemical weapons use in the restive country.
Local experts said that one of the main goals behind the expected US attack is to achieve balance in favour of the rebels amid the rapid advancement of the Syrian troops ahead of possible negotiations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test