Syrian troops advance in rebel held areas
Damascus: The Syrian army continued advancing against the rebels in the countryside of Damascus, mainly in Jobar and Muadaieh, the pan-Arab al-Mayadeen TV said.
The Syrian army made notable advances on Monday and almost besieged Jobar from all directions to isolate it, Xinhua reported.
Meanwhile, a security source said the army troops will keep moving ahead in the Damascus countryside, until eliminating all the rebels` positions.
The military advances are being made amid speculations that the US would attack Syria for alleged chemical weapons use in the restive country.
Local experts said that one of the main goals behind the expected US attack is to achieve balance in favour of the rebels amid the rapid advancement of the Syrian troops ahead of possible negotiations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda