Syrian troops advance in rebel held areas
Damascus: The Syrian army continued advancing against the rebels in the countryside of Damascus, mainly in Jobar and Muadaieh, the pan-Arab al-Mayadeen TV said.
The Syrian army made notable advances on Monday and almost besieged Jobar from all directions to isolate it, Xinhua reported.
Meanwhile, a security source said the army troops will keep moving ahead in the Damascus countryside, until eliminating all the rebels` positions.
The military advances are being made amid speculations that the US would attack Syria for alleged chemical weapons use in the restive country.
Local experts said that one of the main goals behind the expected US attack is to achieve balance in favour of the rebels amid the rapid advancement of the Syrian troops ahead of possible negotiations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged