Syrian troops advance in rebel held areas
Damascus: The Syrian army continued advancing against the rebels in the countryside of Damascus, mainly in Jobar and Muadaieh, the pan-Arab al-Mayadeen TV said.
The Syrian army made notable advances on Monday and almost besieged Jobar from all directions to isolate it, Xinhua reported.
Meanwhile, a security source said the army troops will keep moving ahead in the Damascus countryside, until eliminating all the rebels` positions.
The military advances are being made amid speculations that the US would attack Syria for alleged chemical weapons use in the restive country.
Local experts said that one of the main goals behind the expected US attack is to achieve balance in favour of the rebels amid the rapid advancement of the Syrian troops ahead of possible negotiations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress