Syrian troops kill 47 rebels
Damascus: A total of 47 armed men were killed Monday in the Damascus suburb of Daraya, reported the pro government Sham FM radio.
A police brigadier and four of his guards were also killed Monday in the Damascus suburb of Al-Nabek, reported Xinhua citing Syria`s state-TV.
As many as four shell bombs struck several parts of Damascus, causing material damages, the state-run SANA news agency said.
They were fired by rebels apparently from nearby Kafar Souseh orchards and Daraya, which have emerged as hotspots in Syria`s 20-month-old bloody unrest.
Meanwhile, opposition activists reported government troops` shelling on southern rebellious suburbs of Damascus, including Hajar al-Aswad, Tadamun and Kafr Souseh orchards with Daraya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31