Syrian troops kill 47 rebels
Damascus: A total of 47 armed men were killed Monday in the Damascus suburb of Daraya, reported the pro government Sham FM radio.
A police brigadier and four of his guards were also killed Monday in the Damascus suburb of Al-Nabek, reported Xinhua citing Syria`s state-TV.
As many as four shell bombs struck several parts of Damascus, causing material damages, the state-run SANA news agency said.
They were fired by rebels apparently from nearby Kafar Souseh orchards and Daraya, which have emerged as hotspots in Syria`s 20-month-old bloody unrest.
Meanwhile, opposition activists reported government troops` shelling on southern rebellious suburbs of Damascus, including Hajar al-Aswad, Tadamun and Kafr Souseh orchards with Daraya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch