Syria`s Assad has no right to stay in power: Obama
Washington: President Barack Obama is telling the Syrian people that the US stands with them following a brutal attack that Syrian activists say killed at least 200 people.
Obama reiterated his call for Syrian President Bashar Assad to leave power. In a harshly worded statement, Obama says Assad has lost legitimacy and has "no right`` to stay in power.
Obama condemned this weekend`s violence. He says the regime`s policy of terrorizing its people "only indicates its inherent weakness and inevitable collapse.`` Obama also called on the UN Security Council to pass a resolution calling on Assad to leave power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter