Syria`s Assad has no right to stay in power: Obama
Washington: President Barack Obama is telling the Syrian people that the US stands with them following a brutal attack that Syrian activists say killed at least 200 people.
Obama reiterated his call for Syrian President Bashar Assad to leave power. In a harshly worded statement, Obama says Assad has lost legitimacy and has "no right`` to stay in power.
Obama condemned this weekend`s violence. He says the regime`s policy of terrorizing its people "only indicates its inherent weakness and inevitable collapse.`` Obama also called on the UN Security Council to pass a resolution calling on Assad to leave power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site