Syria`s Assad has no right to stay in power: Obama
Washington: President Barack Obama is telling the Syrian people that the US stands with them following a brutal attack that Syrian activists say killed at least 200 people.
Obama reiterated his call for Syrian President Bashar Assad to leave power. In a harshly worded statement, Obama says Assad has lost legitimacy and has "no right`` to stay in power.
Obama condemned this weekend`s violence. He says the regime`s policy of terrorizing its people "only indicates its inherent weakness and inevitable collapse.`` Obama also called on the UN Security Council to pass a resolution calling on Assad to leave power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security