Syria’s national security chief dies from wounds
Beirut: Major General Hisham Ikhtiar, who heads Syria’s National Security Department, succumbed to his injuries on Friday morning.
Ikhtiar is the fourth regime insider to die as a result of Wednesday attack at national security offices.
The others killed in Wednesday`s blast were General Assef Shawkat, the deputy defense minister who was married to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad`s elder sister, defense minister Dawoud Rajha and Hassan Turkmani, a former defense minister.
In the meantime, Russia`s envoy to France, Alexander Orlov, said Bashar al-Assad has agreed to step down.
Last month at a conference in Geneva, according to Orlov, "Assad nominated his representative to lead the negotiations with the opposition for this transition. That means he accepted to leave, but in a civilised way.”
Syrian Information Ministry has called Orlov’s claim as baseless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...