Tahawwur Rana`s status hearing adjourned in US
Chicago: The status hearing of Pakistani-
Canadian terror suspect Tahawwur Rana, charged with conspiring
in the Mumbai attacks, was on Wednesday adjourned for four weeks.
"The hearing, originally scheduled for August 25, has
now been shifted to September 20," Rana`s attorney Patrick W
In June, US District Court Judge Harry Leinenweber
rescheduled trial hearing of Rana to February 14, 2011 from
November 1, 2010.
49-year-old Rana was accused along with Pakistani-
American David Headley in a 12-count superseding indictment
for plotting the Mumbai terror attacks and providing material
support to Lashkar-e-Taiba to carry out the assault that left
166 people dead.
Rana, a Chicago-based businessman, was indicted by a
federal grand jury on February 15. He is also accused of
plotting an attack on a Danish newspaper which published
cartoons of Prophet Mohammad.
Rana has pleaded not guilty since his October 2009
arrest and claimed that he was duped by Headley.
However, according to Headley`s plea agreement, he
shared with Rana details of his trips to Pakistan and his
association with LeT. In turn, Rana extensively helped him
carry out the attacks in Mumbai.
Rana also allowed Headley to use his immigration
office -- First World Immigration Services -- as a cover while
he scouted for terror targets in Mumbai, the plea agreement
Headley had pleaded guilty in March to plotting the
Mumbai terror attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test