Tai Chi exponent gains notoriety with claims to toss people
Beijing: A Chinese woman Tai Chi exponent who claims to toss people through the air with a simple touch of her hand was removed from a famous martial art centre for making false claims.
Yan, is a fake, and her claim to special "inner-powers" has undermined the credibility of Tai Chi, Xiang Guoyuan, who runs a famous Tai China training school established by his late father Li Jingwu, said.
Yan, 56, gained notoriety after a widely-circulated video clip showed several well-built men seemingly being involuntarily pushed away after she gently touched them, state-run Global Times reported.
The video shows the men take giant hops backwards, with some falling on the ground.
In another trick done in the presence of a state-run Xinhua news agency reporter, one of Yan`s apprentices leaped metres away and fell down when Yan gently patted the shoulder of the journalist.
The reporter said he did not feel any special power from her touch.
Yan however brushed it off saying that "It only works on people who have been practicing Tai Chi for years."
While many netizens doubt Yan`s abilities, others believe she has other-worldly powers, the daily said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today