Taiwan baby dies as parents play web games: Report
Taipei: A young Taiwanese couple have been accused of letting their baby girl starve to death because they were obsessed with playing games online and forgot to feed her regularly, police said on Friday.
The one-year-old weighed only four kilograms (nine pounds), or half the average size of a girl her age, when the couple reported her death earlier this week, the police said.
According to the local Apple Daily newspaper, when police arrived, they found a girl reduced to "just skin and bone and with sunken eyes", while a gaming website was flickering on the computer monitor next to her crib.
Prosecutors will look into the cause of the girl`s death and determine whether her parents, in their early 20s, were responsible. They face up to two years in prison for manslaughter if convicted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling