Taiwan says US agrees to upgrade F-16 planes
Taipei: Taiwan`s Defense Ministry has
confirmed a US agreement to upgrade the island`s fleet of F-16
In a text message today, it said the defence minister
"will hold a news conference to elaborate on the US decision
to upgrade the planes." It was the first official confirmation
of the deal.
The message made no mention of Taiwan`s original desire
to purchase the later-generation F-16 C/D planes.
US congressional officials have said
that the Obama administration is rejecting that request, and
instead upgrading Taiwan`s existing planes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof